Monday, June 28, 2010

Running Breakdown...Week 3 of Marathon Training

So sorry for the MIA business!  Life/Work has been super hectic, along with marathon training!  I can tell you this...marathon training is going GREAT!!!  I am into the 3rd week of training, and here is my breakdown of workouts/runs:

Week 1:
Sunday 3 mile run
Monday 4 mile run
Tuesday off
Wednesday off
Thursday 5 mile run
Friday off
Saturday 6 mile run

Week 2:
Sunday off
Monday SICK :(
Tuesday 4 mile morning run...4 mile speed work in the evening= 8 miles total
Wednesday off
Thursday 5 mile run
Friday off
Saturday Body Combat

Week 3:
Sunday 7 mile run
Monday(today) 4 mile run

I plan on doing a 4 mile speed work tomorrow night, get in a 5 mile run on Thursday morning, and hopefully do some weights Thursday night and then do a long run of 8 miles on Saturday morning.
It has been hot here, but running/my motivation to run, has been great!  I feel strong when I run and am proud when I complete one of my runs, plus I love to track it on my tracker!
I plan on doing a post about my speed work I am doing.  I am going to try to do it once a week on Tuesday nights.  Hope it helps!

Hope everyone is having a great running summer!  I will be back with some more info on my training, plus how I am fueling different this time around.  Stay tuned!
Happy Running!
Stephanie

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Great job! I hear ya on the heat, but like you I have been so motivated!

Molly said...

I've been trying to do some speed work, look forward to reading how it works for you. I just started week 8 of training, it's already flying by!

MarathonRunGirl said...

are you using a specific training plan?